8.15.2012

Health and Holiness

I have been thinking about spiritual health lately. 
I think so often we compartmentalize our health.
We focus on our physical needs separately from our emotional well-being. 
I believe true health and happiness come from strengthening all aspects of who we are.
Including our spirituality.
Source: trivita.com
Although spirituality is typically defined by religion,
 it can mean many things to different people.
In general, it can mean connecting to your inner self-
the core of your identify, values, and beliefs.  
For me, I find that when I feel a connection to God;
a connection to personal holiness.

 I love this thought from Patricia Holland:
"I have pondered long and hard about the feeding of our inner self. It is no coincidence that we speak of "feeding the spirit" just as we would speak of feeding the body. We need constant nourishment for both. The root word hale (as in hale and hearty) is the common root to words like whole, health, heal, and holy. Our health and our wholeness are unquestionably linked with our holiness. We need very much for body, mind, and spirit to come together, to unite in one healthy, stable soul."

Connecting with our spirituality can be an individual and personal process,
as our needs and perspectives may be different.
Yoga, prayer, meditation, time in nature, journal writing, creative pursuits...
however you choose to feed your spirit,
I believe it can positively impact your overall state of health and well-being.

I know it has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment