7.31.2012

Healthy Habits: Morning Jump Start

My healthy habit focus right now is exercise.
As a teacher on summer vacation, my mornings have been pretty lazy. 
All too often these slow, lazy mornings lead to an unproductive day. 
I decided to start my day off in a more active way 
by making a small change to my morning routine.

Now, I'm not usually one for exercise videos, but I needed some motivation.
Netflix instant stream has these 10-minute Solution workout videos.
I decided to give it a try, and did one, 10-minute video each weekday last week. 
 
Even though I was only exercising for a short amount of time,
it really helped me to start the day off right. 
I felt like I had more energy and motivation to be productive during the day.
This week, I felt like I could do more and increased the time to 20 minutes.
 
Sadly, these videos will no longer be available on Netflix, starting tomorrow. 
So, my willpower to maintain this habit is being tested a little bit. 
But I'm feeling pretty determined, 
because 10-20 minutes in the morning feels really doable. 
I think it's something I can keep up, even when I go back to work.
 
At least these videos have given me some ideas and a place to start.
I may have to use a timer and add my own music,
but I will be exercising first thing tomorrow morning. 


1 comment: