9.09.2012

Healthy Habits: Breakfast

So, I will be honest here. Since I started going back to work about a month ago, 
I have been struggling with my first healthy habit goal.  
But this week is a new week, 
and I've decided to start trying to develop my morning habits once again. 
In addition in my goal to do some "wake-up" exercises, 
I am adding another healthy habit to the mix.

Eating breakfast.


While this might sound like a silly goal to those people 
who can't imagine starting their day without eating breakfast, 
this is something I've struggled with my whole life.

I don't usually have much of an appetite in the morning,
and a few extra minutes of sleep are almost always worth more to me than eating something. 
But there is a lot of research and information about there about why breakfast is important. 
(Just google "why eat breakfast?")
So I've been trying to eat something in the morning, even if it is something small:
green smoothies, yogurt, a banana, or even the traditional bowl of cereal. 
 Just like doing a little bit of exercising,
I have found that eating something gives me a little extra energy boost.

And as a Kindergarten teacher,
that is something I could use every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment