9.23.2012

I Will Do It























In a recent church meeting, one of the speakers relayed this quote that really hit home for me:

"Excuses are a lack of stronger desire."

It can be so easy to find an excuse to justify what we do - or do not - do.
 I think this is especially true when it comes to making healthy changes in our lives.
At least it is for me.
I am really good at making excuses.

So maybe a way to move from the "I want to do it" step to the "I will do it" step
has to do with our level of desire.
If our desire isn't strong enough,
we will find every reason not to get where we say we want to be.

How do we increase our desire?
Honestly...I don't really know.
Obviously it's something I am still working on.
 
But I think it has something to do with our priorities. 
If our priority is to be healthy and exercise,
then we will find a way to do it no matter how tired or busy we feel.

 I also think it has to do with our hearts.
In order to make healthy changes, our heart has to be in it.
Our motives for making the changes need to be aligned with our heart.
I believe our desire will be strongest when it comes from
our sense of identity and self worth,
as opposed to trying to please or impress others.
 
Just something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment