10.16.2012

I Love...


This past week my cousin came home from serving an LDS mission. He started his talk off stating he was not blessed with public speaking, the very next words were "But I love Jesus Christ". It was instantly then the entire congregation became silent and his entire talk was his testimony. He battles with Asbergers Disease. Yet the Atonement allowed him to serve a mission, and for him to bring people to the gospel. 

Also this past week I was able to go to my friend's Baptism. This child of God, was someone I would have never expected to accept the teachings of the LDS faith, yet he did.
 These two experiences taught me a lot about love. Yes I know, how did a baptism and a homecoming teach me about love? Well, I believe that when we LOVE Jesus Christ he will fill in all the spaces missing in our life. 

Imagine the kind of love that performs miracles. The kind of love that accepts everyone. The kind of love that is within all of us. This kind of love is the pure love of Christ. I have been thinking a lot about charity lately and how I can acquire more of it in my life. I realized that to have more love for other people you need to love Jesus Christ more deeply. My cousin's mission president had a theme for their mission and it said:

 " Obedience is the Price. 
Faith is the Power.
 Love is the Motive. 
The Spirit is the Key. 
Christ is the Reason."


I have realized that being obedient is a great way to start, Faith is the way to act. Love is the way to move forward. The Spirit tells you the direction. And Jesus Christ is the person that makes everything possible. 

The pure love of Christ not only allows us the use His power but to become like Him more than we could ever imagine. His power is Happiness. His power is Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment